Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: The AG FORCE strikes Again!!!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I think I'm definitely in the club NOW! The AG FANatic Club that is!!!!

    About 2 weeks ago, we had 2 dolls. Samantha and Jess. Then we bought an AG that needs much love off of ebay. Well, we needed to kill some time while my dad took a nap at the hospital and decided to hit a couple of thrift/consignment stores. The first one we went to we got Addy's 6th book which we didn't have. The next one I got an AG size picnic basket for $1 so I was pretty happy. Then we stopped at a consignment store and I asked the lady if she had any doll clothes that would fit AG's. Well, she said that they had a whole bag of clothes and a doll that just came in but, hadn't been priced yet. It was AGT24 and she is gorgeous. Well, they took my name and promised to call me Monday afternoon with a price. We were feeling pretty good about our AG afternoon and decided to stop at one more consignment store to check for doll stuff and for a shirt for my DD that I needed to match a particular pair of pants that still fit from last year. I found THE shirt I was looking for in a bigger size than last years and as I stood at the register while the clerk was ringing up the sale and I asked her if they had by chance gotten in any AG stuff and just didn't have it out yet. Well....I look up and the whole wall behind the register is nothing but AG's and accessories!!!!!! Kit in her meet outfit with shoes and book and her bed and bedding $69, Joesfina in Meet outfit and shoes and book and her bed and bedding $69, Felicity and 3 dresses and 3 books $69 (I missed her because I wasn't sure if her hair had been cut and wanted to check the HB, she was gone Monday when I went back!!!) Addy in her meet outfit with her shoes and book with her school desk, and school accessories with satchel and abacus (pre-mattel) and an extra outfit with
    underwear $89, AND Kirsten with out her meet outfit BUT with TONS and TONS of AGT outfits and accessories for $100!!!!

    Well, I bought Kit, Josefina, and Kirsten and my mom bought Addy. Should have gotten
    Felicity too but, hesitated too long!!! LOL

    Do ya'll think it was a good deal????
    Kit is definitely Mattel, not sure about Josefina (she has silver eye so I'm sending her to AG), I think Kirsten may be PreMattel, but I Know Addy and all of her stuff is. We are on cloud 9!!


    Here is the link to most of what we got!

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2107155032

    Let me know what you think!!!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 20, 2006 11:07 PM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations! EXCELLENT deals!!! Two thumbs up [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] !

    Were you the member who had been looking really hard for an Addy at thrift stores? If so, double congratulations [img]biggrin.gif[/img] !

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All I can say is WOW!!! You got a lot of retired stuff an some great dolls at a bargain, IMO!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! I was the one that keep saying I feel it, Addy is out there somewhere waiting for us to adopt her!!! LOL

    Weird thing is...Saturday for lunch we had Thai food and DD took the paper from our straws and told us to each read our fortune. When it came my turn I said..."You will definitely find an Addy doll soon!" DD just rolled her eyes and laughed at me and said I was trippin'

    Imagine her suprise!!!!

  5. #5
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by 3castles:
    Yes! I was the one that keep saying I feel it, Addy is out there somewhere waiting for us to adopt her!!! LOL
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have the exact same feeling about Lindsey, it's the weirdest thing. I know the odds are against it but I just have this feeling she's waiting for me somewhere.

    You give me hope it just might be true. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, you didn't a good deal... you got an <font size="5">AMAZING</font> deal! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    Congrats on everything!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    She's out there, I know she is. Just be persistant and patient and you'll find her. Since the 'Fever' stuck we've been on the lookout
    at least 3 times a week to TS and consignment stores. Persistancy paid off!!!

    Oh yeah, guess what else?????

    I picked up this Kids Activity guide while we were out on Saturday. It has like stuff coming up in our area and guess what I found out???
    A store about 1/2 mile to the consignment store
    where the dolls were has an American Girl Craft night. they have it once a month, it's free and they take home a craft that they can either use with there dolls OR pertains to one of the books. It last for 2.5 hours and includes refreshments!!! That was awesome enough but,,,,,
    the name of the store is the Doll Clothes Shop!!!!

    We went this week and it is FULL of AG sized clothes and accessories at GREAT prices!!!!
    I got a doll brush for $3.00!
    Shoe are from $1.99 - $4.00

    the most expensive item was a colonial dress with shoes for $18.95 and you wouldn't believe the quality. My mother sews doll clothes and says she would NOT make them for what they sell them for...

    An AWESOME AG weekend of discovery!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Janie3082
    Guest Janie3082's Avatar

    Post

    You did get a great deal! Congrats on finding so many items at once, woohoo! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Is the blond maybe a GT girl? She looks exactly like Kirsten, but since her hair is short and she came with so many today clothes, maybe she is #3? Either way she's beautiful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    She could be I guess. We compared her side by side to a friends and they look identical so....
    hard to say for sure I guess. There was a pair of Kirsten's socks in the bunch so...... ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •